Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cookbook Round Up

For my birthday this year, I received a wealth of cookbooks, at my request. My parents and my brother and sister-in-law sent me books on Chinese, Mexican, and Cajun cooking! It's international buffet night at the Fowler household.


Easy Chinese Recipes by Bee Yinn Low

Maggie LOVES chinese dumplings, so I'm going to have to get to work learning how to make them. I'm already in the process of mastering fried rice (it's actually not that hard) and I can't wait to try out her tip on how to tenderize chicken to get the exact kind of silky "mouth feel" that the Chinese like best for their stir fry.


Mexico One Plate at a Time by Rick Bayless

My dad's favorite mexican chef on TV. I could just sit and read this cookbook like a travel guide (which I have also been know to just sit and read; just like the encyclopedia).


The Justin Wilson Gourmet and Gourmand Cookbook by Justin Wilson

When I was a kid, we always watched Justin Wilson's show on PBS, Louisiana Cookin'. I love cajun food and wanted to start learning how to make a few favorite recipes like gumbo and red beans and rice. I've already tried the beans and rice recipe and it came out pretty good... I gar-on-tee!

No comments:

Post a Comment