Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Start in a New Year

I'm not really a New Year's Resolution maker, generally speaking. I think they're a waste of time because I forget about them and don't follow through, or they're so easy and obvious that I never need anything as formal as a resolution in the first place to get them done. So why stress myself out like that?

But I'm going to give this here blog the old college try again. I like it, I like it a lot, but I got bogged down feeling like I needed to write a book about every book. I'm starting afresh with a new agenda to just record every book I read this year because I want to see how many books I actually do read in a year. I also like having a place to keep lists of books I want to get and what I already have on hand to read next. Yeah, I'm all kinds of type A like that; what are you looking at me like that for?! Don't roll your eyes.

I might make a few comments (or long rants) on a book now and then if something particularly engages me, but I'm not going to make myself nuts doing it. Therefore, there is absolutely no reason why anyone else would ever want to or bother to read this blog (not that anyone is at the moment since it died months ago), so you can all just go back to doing whatever it was you were doing.

Ah, the relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment